Rise & Grind: Begin by doing 10 reps of each exercise and complete the set, then 9, 8, 7….. till you get to 1. Burpees, side lunges, trip-cep dips, spider planks, jumping jacks.
“When a flower does not bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower” -Alexander Den Hejier
So many times we as individuals are unhappy with our daily lives. We get up, grab coffee, go to work, come home, blah blah blah. It gets boring just typing it. We let ourselves fall into routines that are not benefitting our souls. Each day we need to be waking up eager to get our the door and take on the beautiful days that lie ahead. There is so much that can be done in just one day. I have to be honest and say that I have been stuck in this rut before and I had no idea how to get out. I felt like I was captured. I wanted to smile and laugh but I couldn’t, my soul was not happy.
I think many of us get stuck in this same rut. We continually work on ourselves, which I agree is a must! However, have you ever looked at your surroundings? Make sure they are as pretty as you! Make sure they are as motivated as you, as driven, as honest, as soulful. Being someone who talks to a lot of people who want to lose weight, I see this all the time. People are trying but their surroundings are not helping. They are so driven by their work and home life that they have no personal life, not soul time. some of the major reasons why people are not losing weight lies in their daily routines and happiness and not in their eating habits or workout habits.
Here is a list of some reasons why you are not seeing results in your attempts at health:
- You do not take moments during the day to stop and smell the roses. You should take a few deep breaths, learn to appreciate the little things. Before marching back into your office after lunch try stopping outside taking 5 deep breaths and just relaxing for a minute. Take this as a personal meditation minute.
- Your days are stressful. We all have that. Stress is a wicked little creature. It makes us moody, grumpy, quick to jump, and tense. Stress makes us hold onto those extra pounds and that frown. If you are getting stressed, take a bathroom break. Walk your office hallway or even walk outside quickly. think of things that drive you, motivate you, make you want to be a better person. Throw a smile on your face and come back. I say to go somewhere else because we often reach for caffeine or sugary snacks if we stay at our desk or office. I promise, caffeine and sugar will not help stress go away long term.
- Always get up to eat. So somewhere besides your computer and sit down to eat. Outside preferably.
- Talk to a friend. Laugh. Smile. Once laugh can help you be more positive all day and help you get motivated to tackle the rest of the day in a healthful way.
- Your environment is drab. Going to a place everyday that is drab, quiet, and boring can effect you immensely! If you must, find a new job! Go somewhere with motivated people. Go somewhere you enjoy going. Or maybe decorate your desk, make your office the shining star and others will follow suite.
- dress to impress. This will make you more confident.
Often times it is the little things that matter. Take theses moments during that day to let yourself smile. It is hard to lose weight and feel confident when we are continually following our same old routines, with the same surroundings.
It is hard to get out of the ruts we sometimes get stuck in but it is possible. You are a beautiful soul and everyone wants to see that side of you. Let your soul out of its box and you will quickly see results in your daily life. Repeat the following to yourself every morning.
I am strong. I am capable. I am powerful. I am beautiful.