What is real food?

Rise & Grind: 5x – 10 Burpees, 20/side plank hip dips, 10/side side lunges, 40 jumping jacks, 10 push-ups, 20 calf raises.

  
Rise & Shine! I am working on fixing my bike today. If you read yesterday, you know exactly what I mean! Last night I began a Fall bootcamp & can’t wait to keep going to see what kind of progress these girls can make. The ladies that came last night mainly wanted tone and abs (don’t we all!). So, this bootcamp will consist of a lot of toning, HIIT, and nutrition talk.

Last night I briefed them about eating real food. What is real food?

Real Food: Food that can be grown or harvested in nature. Food that does not need an ingredient label. Food that is in its natural state (not refined).

That is my definition of real food.

Figuring out what works for YOU to eat is always a great place to start a health journey. Every persons body will react different to nutrients. Some people need more carbs, some more protein. You must eat according to what works for your body, not by what is the popular diet. Nutrition is 80% of the battle (fitness being the other 20%). For me, eating mostly paleo works well. I do eat brown rice and use whole wheat unenriched flour on occasion (lets be real, we all need a treat once in awhile. Ice cream falls here too!)

As I told the ladies last night, start with small steps and move towards good nutrition. If you change everything in one day you will have many cravings & mood swings which leads to binge. Small steps always win the race for me.

Make today a great day! Make one positive choice in the way of nutrition & EAT REAL!

I am strong. I am capable. I am powerful. I am beautiful.

xoxo,

Anne Nicole

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s