Rise & Grind: ABS ON FIRE! 10 leg lifts, 15 plank butt-ups, 20/side plank dips, 25/side russian twist, 30 scissor kicks, 25/side russian twists, 20/side plank dips, 15 plank butt-ups, 10 leg lifts. Follow this with 45 on/15 rest of: jumping jacks, push-ups, mt. climbers, butt kicks, burpees. (x2 for 10 min. total).
Last night after dinner, dishes, & getting baby ready for bed, we had a little family dance party. This put all of us in a good mood & got us moving after dinner. I can honestly say we need to do this more often!
It got me thinking, we often try to settle the baby down after dinner to get her ready for bed. Last night after winding her up with a dance party I was afraid she would be up for awhile but to my surprise, she was tired at the end and ready to sleep.
So why not add in a little family fitness time after dinner? Even just 20 minutes! This may work for your kids or maybe not but it is worth a try. Instead of trying to hold their energy in, let them use it! After all, you just fed them full of energy so they should have some to burn. They may be more apt to sleep once they have used up some of their energy. Here are some fun family fitness ideas for after dinner:
- Dance party! turn on some music videos and get to it!
- Play simon says with things like squats, push-ups, jumping jacks, laps around the living room, etc.
- Play Bingo. Make the spaces things like 5 frog jumps, 10 squats, 10 plank dips, etc.
- If it is not too cold outside, play tag or flashlight tag.
- Want to calm them down at the end of all this? Try some yoga!
- Read to them, Pick 5 words that show up multiple times in the story. Pick an exercise for each word. If you read it, you all have to do the exercise.
I am all about getting kids moving but I think it is just as important to get parents moving!
“Your children will become who you are, so be who you want them to be”
I am strong. I am capable. I am powerful. I am beautiful.