Rise & Grind: 25 mins AMRAP – 20 Mt. Climbers, 10 sumo squats, 10 plank jacks, 3 Burpees.
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family, friends, & some delicious treats! We had a great one here. I think I am still in a food coma & we still have 3 half pies in our fridge!! Hello breakfast! (Ok so maybe not but I would so eat pie for breakfast if I could let myself do that! In fact I would eat an entire pecan pie If I could, truth!)
Anyway, today is the famous black Friday & also a famous day for starting diets. A mass of men and women will stumble out of their food comas today and swear that they are dieting till the next holiday. It is all clean eating, veggies, & water from here on out! HA!
Going cold turkey (you see what I did there) on a diet the day after a feast is not a set up for success and here is why:
- You realize you still have 3 half pies in the fridge and you are not going to let them go to waste.
- After carb loading yesterday, your body is going to be craving sugar and carbs extensively. Cutting it off all at once can lead to massive cravings and relapse.
- Speaking of relapse, If you go cold turkey today and give the pies to the neighbors you will most likely get cravings as mentioned above and end up making another dessert or buying junk
So here is what you should do if you want to slim up before the big man comes down the chimney:
- Slowly step into a healthier diet. This is not limiting food but making healthier choices. Turkey is a great source of lean protein! Eat up!
- So about those pies, let yourself have one small slice and be done. Wean yourself from the sweets. you will have less cravings and it may be easier to stick to healthier choices.
- Start with small improvements like changing out soda or flavored drinks for water and green tea! This alone can save you a ton of sugar and empty calories!
- Get outside, even if it is cold! Getting fresh air can boost your motivation, refresh your mood, & get you moving!
“Believe you can and you are halfway there” – T.R.
I am strong. I am capable. I am powerful. I am beautiful.