Rise & Grind: 10 leg lifts (really concentrate on pushing your belly into the floor & using your abs), 15 plank leg lifts(per leg), 20/side russian twists, 25 plank jacks, 30/side plank dips, 25 PJ, 20 RT, 15 PLL, 10 LL. Follow this with 45 on/15 rest: Burpees, glute bridges, leg extensions, reverse crunches, mt. climbers, jump squats, mt. climbers, reverse crunces, leg extensions, glute bridges, burpees (11 mins.)
The long weekend is over and it is back to the grind. We had a lot of ice here this weekend so running outside has been a challenge! I am thinking this is the only logical reason people own treadmills, for ice storms when roads are too slick to run. HA! I am not a treadmill lover but during the winter months I do spend my fair share on one when I am unable to go outside. I like to do interval workouts and inclines.
Winter makes it hard to stay on track. This time of year I know I tend to be more into baking than running but I have to keep pushing. Motivation sneeks off to hibernation with the bears and the bulky sweaters take hold. Even if you own a treadmill, winter has a way of making you hate it! But, it does not have to be that way! Summer bodies are made in the winter, HA! Kinda corny, but true. Here are 5 tips for staying motivated today and everyday:
- Wake up and make a healthy choice. Do my rise & grind to get you going. Don’t have time? do 50 jumping jacks, 50 crunches & 20 squats. You will be more motivated all day and are more likely to make another healthy choice.
- Eat breakfast! I am the all time worst when I am hungry. I get grumpy, I make poor choices when I finally eat, and I overeat. Grab some oatmeal with nut butter, chia seeds and a little organic honey this morning to get you going!
- Always wear your favorite clothes on Monday. This will make you feel powerful and beautiful.
- On Mondays, we pack a lunch. Pack yourself a filling, healthy lunch with lots of good snacks. If you eat healthy today, you are more likely to eat healthy all week. Bring a snack for the drive home and you are less likely to binge or eat bad snacks after work.
- Get outside! Go for a walk a lunch, take a 15 minute fresh air break, park in the farthest parking space and walk to the store. Anything to get you some fresh air. It will reset your mood, give you energy, and keep your motivation up all day!
I hope you all have a motivated Monday! New recipes coming tomorrow!
I am strong. I am capable. I am powerful. I am beautiful.