We have 15 days until Jan. 1!
That means 15 days till the gyms are flooded, the ‘health food’ isle goes out of stock for one week, & athletic clothes are all people wear for a month. Everyone is excited to get on the gym train, finally lose the weight, and be a better version of themselves. Honestly, I couldn’t be happier about it. I love seeing some one begin taking steps towards healthier lives, especially if they have kids! I don’t mind being a little crowded if it means more people are getting fit.
You know what I love even more though??? Seeing people stick to it! One of my pet peeves is starting something and not finishing. Here are 5 New Years resolutions tips that will help you stick to the plan!
- Why did you start? Did you begin for yourself (I sure hope so)? Did you begin so you could play with your kids? So you could have kids? So you could gain self esteem? To rock that little black dress? Whatever the reason may be, take a picture of it and bring it with you to the gym, also tape one on your fridge, your car dash, your dresser, & somewhere at work. This will be a constant reminder of why you started, why you are pushing so hard, why you want this so bad! Resolution:
- Make it a short term resolution. People tend to stick to resolutions more if they are short term. ‘Work out for one month’, ‘lose 5lbs’, ‘eat healthier for one month’, etc. Long term resolutions are daunting. Having a big end goal in mind is good, but break it down into little goals along the way. This will keep you motivated and make the journey seem more attainable.
- Get ready each eve. Right before you go to bed lay out your gym clothes, your water bottle, or whatever it is you need to attain your daily goal. You are more likely to get after it if there is less prep involved.
- Write about it. Journal each night about what you did to achieve your goals today. Even if it is just one sentence. Hold yourself accountable to doing little things to make a big difference.
- Do something that sets your soul on fire. Pick a resolution that you can’t stop talking about. Pick something that makes your fingers tingle and your heart race. Go outside of your comfort zone and push past your limits.
You must take care of yourself before you can take care of others. Do this for you! Do this to make yourself better! Do this to make your soul shine.
I am strong. I am capable. I am powerful. I am beautiful.