Rise & Grind: AMRAP 25 mins 15 KB swings, 10 plie squats w/KB, 10/leg plank leg lifts, 30 Mountain climbers. After have a good stretch session!
It’s FRIDAY!! One more day on the grind and we are weekend bound! The weather is suppose to be gorgeous here so I am thinking some running, biking, and horseback riding is in order! What are your healthy weekend plans?
I was checking my e-mail this morning and an interesting article caught my eye. The title, “20 Reasons It’s Harder Than Ever to Lose Weight”. Being a fitness trainer and nutrition coach I like to read articles like this to see what kind of information people are reading. There is so much garbage these days about, “eat this, look like me”, “lose weight fast, do this one move”, “walk one minute, burn 50 calories”! BLAH!! We need to be smarter than believing in these but, I like to know what I am up against.
Anyway, I read this article and it was actually pretty insightful! I was pleasantly surprised to find some adequate reasons why it is harder to lose weight. I highlighted a few of my faves here and the link to the entire article can be found at the bottom!
- ‘Our social media is stretching us out’ – This is all too true! We are staying up late, getting less sleep, and getting addicted to the screen. What happened to going to bed and cuddling with your partner instead of a phone?! Getting in a little extra cardio at bed time instead of laying together looking at your phones?
- ‘Food scientists are not always on our side’ – Why would a food company make something healthy if it doesn’t make you want more? Food scientists are playing with our palates and food is addicting! Be careful who you trust in big industries!
- ‘There are more fad diets than ever before’ – Paleo, gluten free, clean eating, IIFYM, Mind diet, and so on. People get fed up when there are restrictions and are less likely to stick to them! My advice, eat real food.
- ‘Sugar is slipped into everything’ – And they do mean everything! Watch your nutrient labels folks this stuff is in your ketchup, salad dressing, BBQ, lunch meat, bread, Peanut butter, and this list could go on forever! Which leads me to #5.
- ‘Labels still don’t declare added sugars’ – Food labels do not tell you what sugars are naturally occurring and which are added. Fruit has a lot of naturally occurring sugar, so does yogurt. however, yogurt with 20 grams of sugar has a lot of added sugar! Check out a plain yogurt, only maybe 4 grams! This leads to #6.
- ‘Food labels are bogus’ – Ever seen a label that says, “all natural”. Manufacturers could literally put that on anything! There is no definition or guidelines on the use of the term. Think about that when you are shopping!
If you would like to see the full article here is the URL: https://www.yahoo.com/health/20-reasons-harder-ever-lose-101900279.html
These are not excuses to stay out of shape! These are things to think about when you are trying to get into shape. Keep in mind that world around you. Sometimes all it takes are a few changes to your day and you will see big results!
I am strong. I am capable. I am powerful. I am beautiful.