Happy Hump Day! We have made it to the middle of the week and so far, so good!
I was thinking and It has been awhile since I have posted anything about my own goals. I am still setting goals at the beginning of each month and also striving towards some long terms ones. It is so important to keep pushing yourselves!
My short term (monthly) goals are:
- Finish a book this month. I am currently reading Pandoras Lunchbox and I highly suggest it to all you other food nerds. It is basically the history of processed food. I know, sounds great! But really, it is very interesting and makes you even more motivated to eat real food.
- Start doing cardio. I took about a three month vacation from running. Partly due to an ankle flare up and partly because I just needed a break. I have been doing mostly strength training and now I am ready to add cardio and see what I got! Went for a 2 mile run yesterday and was expecting to feel horrible but I actually felt like running farther.
- Smile More. As some of you know, this winter I was struggling with finding my happy in a new setting. As spring is coming on, I am feeling much better! I am determined to smile more and let my true soul shine.
- Spend more time horseback. I used to ride about 5-6 days a week. I was in rodeo all throughout high school and college. It was my lifestyle growing up. Then I had baby and took a break. I just purchased a new horse and I am ready to hit up a few rodeos! ‘Time is never wasted when it is spent in the saddle’ (and did I mention it is a great workout! If you are looking to change things up and push yourself, try riding).
Long term goals:
- Be able to do the middle splits. This has been my news year resolution for too many years now. I am determined to make it happen this year.
- Finish my reading list. I am 3 books in so far this year.
- Keep up strong nutritional habits not only for me but my baby as well. I have let myself slip the last month and I am not ok with it! it should not even be a question or cycle, it should be a lifestyle.
- Hike. Go somewhere I have never been and explore all the trails have to offer. I feel powerful and capable when I am in the mountains. Once a year I would like to be able to go get lost in the hills and let my mind wander.
What are your goals for this month or even this year? I would love to hear them!
I am strong. I am capable. I am powerful. I am beautiful.