Oh how I would love to be still munching on pizza, drinking a cold beer, and laying out by the river. However, my abs would not be so pleased! It is always hard to get back on track after some time off. Coming home and immediately going into perfect food, perfect workout mode can be a challenge.
As August comes around we are all getting out of lazy summer days and moving into fall (my all time favorite season by the way). Kids are going back to school, Fall workout classes are going to begin, Summer sports are ending, etc. Change is happening! And change can be hard.
Whether you are transitioning from vacation mode to real life mode or simply summer mode to school mode here are some tips to help you get back on/stay on track!
- As soon as you get back from vacation or move out of summer mode, do a restock of groceries! The morning after we arrived at home I hit up the local farmers market and the store to stock us up on healthy foods! This eliminated going out to eat and/or grabbing something not so healthy.
- Clean your house. If you are anything like me, you can’t do any else until the house is in order. Get it clean right away so you can have some fun outdoors while the weather is still nice! Having a clean house also keeps me more motivated to keep the rest of my life organized!
- Buy yourself a sexy fall outfit. One that is not heavy sweater/loose jeans. Buy one that fits your summer body and shows off your handwork. This will motivate you to keep up that sexy summer shape all fall!
- Make a workout schedule moving forward. Whether school starting is busying up your schedule or you are just in transition, make time to workout! Join in on some new fall classes at the local gym (even if you are not a member you can still do their classes), make a schedule with some friends, or just make one for yourself. Anyway you do it, just do it!
- Try out new recipes. You just bought all these healthy groceries and yummy August fruits and veggies, why not try out some new recipes! Motivate yourself to learn healthy meals, snacks, and treats. These can be great for kids lunches, watching football games, or just everyday munching!
What are you doing to stay healthy in the transitioning season? I would love to hear more ideas!
“The secret of getting ahead is getting started” -Mark Twain