I wrote this post just over a year ago and re-read it this morning. I thought it was a good one to bring back to the top.
One of my all time favorite quotes is, “once you learn to control the mind, you can conquer the body”
This pertains to every area of my life so well! I have learned to control my breathing, my attitude, & my level of fitness with my mind. Our mind is our most powerful tool in making our goals happen. Here are 5 mental thoughts that I constantly keep in the front of my head to keep me going.
- Focus in on motivation. I find the one thing I really, really want to achieve and focus on it. Live it, breath it, sleep it. Wake up and tell yourself that today is the day to make it happen. Don’t let yourself slack, be your own boss.
- Let the pigs fly. Pigs hog your mind with no purpose but to de-rail you. These are negative thoughts, negative people, drama. Anything that is taking you away from being your best you. Learn to fight past it, let the pigs fly out of your mind. Let go!
- Be Tough. That is it. Be Tough. Not physically, mentally. Be a person who can handle getting hit and getting back up. Take the crap, toss is out and move on. Break down, let it out, get up and let it motivate you to go forward. use your mentality as a force to push yourself. Use the anger, resentment, jealousy, drama, & mental static to make you fight harder. Make you take every last drop of sweat that you so deserve.
- See you, there, all fit and stuff? Ya, you better believe it! Picture yourself where you want to be. Never picture yourself as where you are or as less than your best self. If you can think it, you can become it.
- There is power in positive thinking. You must be positive that you will reach your goals. You must be positive that you are the best. Positive that you can conquer any obstacle. Positive that you came to win.
I am strong. I am capable. I am powerful. I am beautiful.