Yes, I am putting the recipe right at the top! I hate scrolling an entire post searching for the goods. So I put the goods at the top. If you would like to learn why these chocolate bars are the absolute best, hormone balancing, lactation friendly and healthiest bars in town please read on. If you just want the dang recipe, here it is.
The Best Chocolate Bars:
1/2 c. (about) coconut oil
3/4 c. (about) nut butter
1/6 c. (about) Honey
1/4 c. Cacao
Obviously I don’t measure exactly. I am more of a ‘scoop right out of the jar and into the pan’ kind of girl. These cookies will turn out, don’t get too worried about being exact. Place all ingredients in a saucepan and stir just till melted and well combined.
THEN: Add in all the healthy, crunchy fats!
Our personal faves are: unsweetened coconut flakes, pecans, and pumpkin seeds.
Some other delicious ideas are: almonds, sunflower seeds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios, ground flax seed, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and/or oats (oats are not a fat, they are a carbohydrate and will change the macro nutrient ratio of these cookies significantly).
Mix and place in a pie pan or similar dish. CHILL.
Once cooled, cut them into squares and eat up! Store any uneaten bars in the fridge.
These have been a staple in our house. They are packed full of healthy fats and have been a huge nutrient bomb to me while breastfeeding.
I also love giving these to my toddler for a few reasons:
- Fats are brain food. Children NEED a good balance of healthy fats to feed their growing brains. The brain is 70% fat!
- Fats are the building material for all of our cell membranes and are needed for proper nutrient absorption.
- These are not super sweet but still considered a ‘treat’. I want my kids to have palates for all kinds of textures and tastes. I love that my kids think these are cookie worthy without having to have that super sweet ‘treat’ taste.
Besides being super great for our kiddos, these are also super great for us moms.
- A proper balance of healthy fats provide sustained energy. This means, you won’t be running to the snack cabinet every hour. Being a mom is exhausting and these will power you through any tantrum or play date.
- Fats can balance hormones! No more crazy days, ladies. Just eat some chocolate bars and move on. Seed cycling can be Amazing for menstrual health. On days 1-14 of our cycle we need to support estrogen production. This can be done by eating 1 TBSP of Flax or pumpkin seeds a day. On days 15-28 of your cycle we need to support Progesterone production. This can be done by eating 1 TBSP of sunflower or sesame seeds a day. Make these bars ahead of time and label them with the correct days and correct amount of seeds (measure seeds, add chocolate mixture. make one cookie at a time this way). You cycle will hopefully be less crampy, easier to handle (mood wise), and overall healthier. P.S. use all RAW seeds and grind the flax prior to use. P.S.S. This may or may not help you. Bio-individuality plays a role here as well as other aspects of your diet and digestion.
- Chocolate. Get your fix in a healthy way.
- These are great for lactating moms! Fuel yourself and your milk with this treat.
Convinced you need to make these? Try it and let me know how you like them!
I am strong. I am capable. I am powerful. I am beautiful.